10/1/07

papers anyone?

I am taking an online English class this semester. I knew that I shouldnt have, but I did it anyway. And now Im stuck writing 4 papers that are due this afternoon... and I havent even read the book they are supposed to be about. Good student huh? I dont know how it happens, but when I have to write those papers there is something inside of me that snaps into "what the teacher wants" mode. If they want a Pro-Choice paper, for heaven sakes! I'll turn into little Pro-Choice. and if they want a Pro-Life choice paper, im going to tell them about the time i chained myself to a clinic door. I can tell them what they want. But this teacher, this teacher wants papers about BASEBALL!!! now I do love baseball but im not some crazy fanatic. But if you were the teacher, i would be for you. and here is what hes going to get:

Every spring there is something in the air. Something calling out, needing to be brought to life. I love the feeling. Some people just don’t understand, but it’s there. It is such an exciting time of year waiting for that first pitch. Starting in the early spring, some might even call it the late winter, I start my countdown. The countdown to the perfectly manicured grass, the straight white lines, the raked red dirt, the awful smell of boiled hot dogs, the cheering crowd, the very first pitch of the season. But mostly it’s the feeling that I am in need of. The electric in the air that only comes from the first game of the season. Nothing can compare to it. That is what I wait out the cold winter for.

i dont know where that came from, but it came so im keeping it.
and for now i must get back to making up fake reasons about why i love baseball and the book
A Great and Glorious Game

2 comments:

Hey Jude! said...

Wow, I don't envy you at all! jk

Good job on your little passage there, if the rest of your paper is as good as that, then I'm sure that you will do well.
Hope the rest of your papers went well.

Cari said...

You have me convinced...I love baseball now!

Nothing like procrastinating! I once finished my Ethics and Values class at UVSC in two days. You do what you have to sometimes.