8/2/09

{3 matters of interest}

1. who loves Christian rock? me. that is who. So in honor of the new found love I changed up my playlist. seriously, don't you love it? I thought it was more appropriate for the upcoming events than what could be going on there.

2. Speaking of the upcoming events... 10 DAYS!! ... tomorrow starts the official single digit countdown. are you going to miss me? tell me you are.

3. I have learned a few things in the last 8 weeks of my stint with employment. I thought I would share them with you.
-salamanders start out as funky looking fish things that then lose their whiskers and gain legs.
-it turns out that no one has any respect for anything.
-riding a bus full of screaming girls up a windy road is only fun the first time never fun.
-if you stand up some old lady is bound to sit in your chair.
-previously mentioned old ladies are offended when you ask them to move.
-no matter where you stash a lifejacket for life saving purposes some little girl is bound to find it and use it without you noticing.
-one third of all 12 year old girls look like they are 8. one third look like they are 16. and one third look like boys.
-never assume that just because someone looks like they belong in young women that they are. Nurses/photographers get very offended when you may or may not mention that they look like they aren't old enough to drive.
-saving lifes isn't really that fun when you actually have to save a life.
-kneeling on gravel for 30 minutes while saving a life isn't a pleasant experience.
-i plan on and will punch the next person that tells me i don't do anything/guarding at a lake isn't "real" guarding.

and that is all for now. i hope you have a super duper week, i know i sure will.

3 comments:

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

I like your new look.
I like your new play list
When you're gone you most
Definitely will be missed!

Rachel Doyle said...

LOL -- Love it and I am really going to miss you --

Jess said...

1.) My heart already hurts!
2.) Agreed. One third of awkward teenage girls in fact look like boys.
3.) I'm disturbed by what you learned about salamanders.