8/30/09

MTC Report

Hey, friends and family,

What is the difference between prison and the MTC? In prison you get a phone call!!

It is like Boot Camp for the Soul here. We get up at 6:00 and are in the classroom by 7:00. And that is where we stay until 9:30 at night! we do get breaks for meals and 3 days a week we get to go to gym which is nice. I guess we don't just sit in class staring at the wall all day, they do allow us bathroom breaks! :). Haha, we get up and move around a lot. we teach other missionaries and let them teach us. It is really nice actually, but a lot of work.

I don't think that I have ever prayed so much in my life. I love it. Any time the district meets together we stand up and sing a hymn and then kneel down to pray. we also do that when we leave. So we are praying and singing like 10 times a day as a group. its cool.

On Tuesday night...we were just getting to the first chorus of True To The Faith when the doors opened and there was this rush of energy and the spirit. Everyone stood up and started singing even louder! I of course couldn't see who it was because I was kind of in the back but the spirit was SO strong. After the song was over we all sat down and continued to sing more songs and then when the meeting started I realized who it was! Elder Scott!!! He was amazing! He talked about how we can recognize the spirit as well as how to keep it with us always. Towards the end he stopped like mid sentence and changed what he was talking about. He said that Satan is real, but so is Christ. A spirit that doesn't have a body has no power over one that does. Satan only makes us believe he has the power but really, we are so much stronger than him. And then he blessed us all that if we were faithful and always obedient that we would be protected in everything that we do as missionaries. He also talked to just the sisters for a couple of minutes on how we can better protect ourselves. It was neat.

Love,

Sister Johnson, the younger

I am sure Lauren would enjoy hearing from you.

3 comments:

FamiLee said...

AWESOME! Glad for the update. I am so glad that they let you have pooty breaks. That would be so awkward wetting yourself right there in front of everyone.

FamiLee said...

I meant potty breaks.


~Good to hear from you!

Rachel Doyle said...

Thanks for updating her blog -- I love to see what she is up to. I assume she made it to Florida? Do you have an address for her yet?