My new companion trained my MTC comp last transfer. She goes home in January. We have the same kind of personality and are apparently the only two sister missionaries in the whole mission that have, and I quote,” attitude”. We don't have attitude. It’s personality. She is a sweet girl and a crazy missionary. I know that we will have a lot of success together... because it has already started. Does the word BAPTISM! make anyone else as excited as me? Whoa, I love it!
And it was awesome. Such a miracle! Oh my goodness, I loved it. I still do love it. When he put on the jumpsuit he told us it was a "jail bird suit". I thought I was going to die laughing. Seriously, funny kid. We went to see him last night after the baptism and we were outside talking to someone else when he came bounding down the stairs with the stairs and told everyone around that he got baptized! He was seriously glowing. It is incredible to see the change in people’s lives when they accept Jesus Christ and the gospel. I love it.
Remember back in the day when I told you that my first comp and I tracted the ghetto? hahaha... that was really funny. That place was niiiice compared to here. Oh goodness, I love it here so much. Everything is so run down and ghetto but the people are the elect ones. They are so ready for a change in their lives and they love Jesus so much and want to know the truth. However I hate it when people tell us that we need to leave because it isn't safe. If it wasn't safe for us to be there we wouldn't be there. Even the members tell us where to and not to go. One nice brother even informed us yesterday at church that one of the places that we went to was "murder capital" and that everyone was shooting everyone all the time.
I had the lucky privilege of talking in church yesterday so I stood up and told them that if the work was to go forward they had to help us do it. Read Jacob 1:19 and then tell us not to be baptizing the elect people that are so ready for it. Hopefully they will see how awesome and important it is to help all of our brothers and sisters get back to Christ and our Heavenly Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment