Well, it has happened again. I have now (in three short months time) served in as many areas as my trainer and my follow up trainer have, who are both going home next month. The gospel is now being preached and "teached" in a small town in Georgia. There are 3 stoplights in the whole town. And I have now had more guns pointed at me in three days than I ever did in 3 months serving in the hood. Luckily they were mostly BB guns in the hands of teenage boys informing me they're baptist.
Since Wednesday we have taught 120 lessons and found 30 new gators in 4 days. LOVELY! We also found ourselves a baptism! She is married to a member and wasn't ever really interested until recently. She started coming to church and loves it. She told us how sad she was that it had always been right there but she had never really taken advantage of it. We went by to talk to her and found out they have an 8 year old that is getting baptized on Saturday. We are now helping the mom to be baptized that day too. It is going to be so sweet.
A lot of the people that live here are in the navy. For Thanksgiving we went to a member's house, M. Her husband is in the Navy but had to work that day so she invited some of the other wives from their wives club (yes, they totally exist) and some other guys who didn't have to work and the missionaries. It was very nice. There was even mac and cheese! That is how we knew we were in the south... it's basically a staple food. Sister C. made the sweet potatoes and I made a very good jello salad. I totally thought everyone ate Jello. Needless to say, I am still eating the jello as it didn't even get touched at dinner. Turns out normal people don't. Strange.
We have bikes. They are the cutest matching beach cruisers with little bells and baskets on the front! Oh dear, it is so fun. I love it so much. Oh yes, and the ward here is fabulous.
1 comment:
sounds fantastical! ha ha all the gators and the guns--whoow! sounds like quite the adventure ha ha. keep spreading the gospel my friend, we are rooting for you here in ootah!
Post a Comment