1/18/10

Keep Your Comments Coming!

Rachel, thanks for the letter comments. The retention of new members here is higher than people would think with all the baptisms that we have. Of my 20 converts there is only one that doesn't go to church, maybe one day I'll go back get him back. Two of my recent converts from my first area got the priesthood and last I heard love to pass the sacrament and go to the temple. That was pretty sweet when I heard about the first time they were able to pass the sacrament. I wish I would have been there to see it.

We found a nine year old kid who's parents are members but for some reason he never got baptized. So next weekend he'll get baptized. That will be cool. We found two more kids who aren't members so in a couple weeks they will be baptized too. That's pretty cool. Mostly we just tract looking for new people. We'll find them soon... I hope.

2 comments:

Rachel Doyle said...

Dear Sister J -

I just wanted to say that I miss you - I miss seeing your car come home from Cedar City - I miss driving through Cedar and thinking oh I wonder if Lauren is in class or at home and should I stop. I really do miss you and it makes me sad that I probably won't be here when you get home. Yes, we are putting our house up for sale. Brandon's company is going to let him work from home - which means we can move to St. George. So we shall see what will happen - but I guess if we do move to St. George you can always come down for Sunday dinner - your mom has always been good to us because we are away from family - maybe we can repay back the favor. Anyhow, that the news from this side of the hood. The girls are crazy as ever. Hannah finds it ever so delightful to throw dishes down our stairs to see the break and Brynna has figured out that if you push the mattress ever so slightly off the frame - it's like a slide. LOL --oh I love it!
Anyhow - keep up the good work and the good word. Your in our thoughts daily. Love The Doyles

Jess said...

I've been checking your blog for way too long for there to not be an entry! I hope I see one today!! :(