5/8/11

{she's my best friend, but don't tell her}

I once asked my mom is we could be best friends. She said no, that she was my mother and I was her daughter and that she wasn't going to be my best friend. Don't tell her, but we are. I'm pretty sure she just couldn't tell me that we were best friends because the other two daughters might get jealous. OR it might be that she is super wise and knew that a 15 year old needed a mom, not a friend. Either way, I think she is prety awesome. In honor of this great holliday (which, let's be honest, should be a whole month or two, not just a day) I have compiled a list of 23 (because that is the number of years she has been my mother) things that make her the best mom in. the. world. Don't even try to tell me yours is better because then you would be lying and we don't like liars, right?

1.My best friend/mother is incredibly brave. Not like let's go jump out of an airplane or eat fire, but brave in ways that people shouldn't have to be. And she is awesome at it. Like, way awesome. She does hard things and doesn't even blink doing it, because it has to be done and she is the only on brave enough to do it.

2. My bfm is a champ cook. 'Nuff said.

 3. My bfm supports her children in all they do. In everything we do. She doesn't critize or judge us for not being the brightest bulbs in the box or not being as aweomse as she is. She supports the choices we make and helps us to accomplish them.

4. And when we aren't making the best choices my bfm kindly steers us in the direction we should be going in, without being lame about it.



 5. My bfm is queen at grocery shopping. She does it fast, effeciently, and cheap. The woman shops the adds like it's going out of style.

6. My bfm is a fantastic listener. Whatever it is, she's there. And she'll listen, no matter what time of the day it is and no matter how rediculous the need is.

7. Along those lines, my bfm is a champ problem solver. Not only can she clearly solve her own problems, but she is super at talking things out with me until I figure out a solution for myself. She is a critical thinker and has attempted (I don't think all is lost yet) to teach us that as well.



8. My bfm is kind to everyone. And she gives everyone a chance.

9. My bfm let's us live in her house. Even when we are too old and should probably figure things out on our own. When the phrase "I think I'm going to move home" comes out of a mouth she doesn't even blink an eye. Although on the inside I am sure she is screaming, she doesnt' show it.



10. My bfm finds a LOT of joy in little things. Like, a lot. Clearly. I love it when she gets so excited over things we think are silly.

11. My bfm is a fighter. She is tough, don't even mess with her, k? Ok, so she won't fight you, but she'll fight things like... cancer, stupid children, and the insurance agent.


12. My bfm has a hot bod. Don't believe me? Ask my dad.

13. My bfm not only is smokin' BUT she also has the brain capacity of a very very smart person. That is because she is a very very smart person. She can whip out a 129843 page report in about, oh 34 minutes.



 14. My bfm has cute grandchildren. The good looking genes skip generations, at least that's what I heard.

15. My bfm places other peoples needs before her own, always. No matter what. (Except when it comes to that black and white pair of shoes we had a tiff over because she "saw them first". That is not a joke. I think that might have been the one time in my life she got what she wanted and I didn't, because she always always puts us first)



16. My bfm has impecable style. She is like, probably the cutest dressed mom in all of history. She's very up on the trends and dresses to impress, but not like one of those wierdo moms that still thinks they are 16.

17. My bfm makes her profession out of helping difficult people have a better life. Proof she is a champ.



 18. My bfm is the best roadtripper in the history of all good road trippers. Not only that, but I do believe that she likes to take us places and do things with us. She is the best at vacations. Espeically camping trips.

19. My bfm has taken up and perfected the art of text messaging. I love getting little texts in the morning from her telling me of her love for me. She also has found the art of blogging, surfing the web, and watching Utah games online.

20. My bfm has incredible self control. Who else do you know that can bite the tip off a candy kiss and throw the rest away? Oh, thats right. No one.


21. My bfm likes to have fun. She is up for a card game most any time. Or a trip to DisneyLand. Or a good romantic comedy. Or a joke.

22. I have never in my life heard my bfm say one bad thing about anyone. Let's talk about a serious Positive Penny right here. Ever wonder if we gossip about you at the dinner table? Probably, but she doesn't say anything  mean or negative or bad.


23. Clearly, my bfm is the best most wonderful fanstic person in the whole wide world. And she's got some style. And I love her the most, becaue after all, she is my best friend.


I love you mom, thanks for being my #1

2 comments:

Skate said...

AMEN!

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

You are so sweet!!! You made my day.