Last night I proved my skills and made some granola. Side note: I love granola from the depths of my being. Heaven will be made of granola, I'm most positive of that. And don't even worry when you see me in heaven eating buildings and trees and stuff. Granola, remember? It will be perfectly normal. Anyway, back to the point. I made this granola and I wasn't so sure how it was supposed to look when it was done so I just kind of crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. This morning I woke up, hungry as usual, and stumbled to the kitchen where I proceeded to get a bown of granola covered in light vanilla soy milk. What a delicious combo. I put a giant bite in my mouth and nearly choked. to. death.
Because it was so bad? you ask. Oh you silly people, no. It was so delicious I figured I had been translated and was there to meet my maker already. Yeah, so pretty much, I'm that good. Not to toot my own horn or anything.
If we kick it back a month or so I will show ya'll something I was going to post that very day. But then I forgot. Or something more cool came up. So I never did. But I figured that you should have proof as to my domesiticiy. Is that a word? Spelling is not my strong point. Good thing you don't have to spell to be awesome at being awesome. Anyway, I was going to post these here pictures captioned under "what to do when you have nothing to do". Because this is indeed what I do when I have nothing to do.
Without further adieu, I present to you what a domestic goddess does in her spare time:
First, you take some wheat. Whole grains are good for you, ya know?
Then you grind said wheat because chewing on those bad boys is not pleasant
Until you have a nice soft flour. Warning: 5 cups of wheat makes A LOT of flour. Incase you were wondering.
All the while, make sure your yeast mixure is getting nice and bubbly. Not too hot now, or you'll go and kill it. And don't forget to throw something in there that they yeast will snack on while it's a-growin'
Make sure to crack your eggs one handed, just to prove how handy you really are. And always keep your water bottle near by, in case you get dehydrated from all that hard work.
Mix in your freshly ground whole wheat flour. Slowly now. You don't want too much in there.
Wait patiently until it has risen into a beautiful hunk of dough, like so. Really, be honest, isn't it pretty?
After your second time rising, which is too boring to document, and by this time the domestic goddess would be working on something else like chocolate chip cookies straight from CCC heaven, slide those bad boys gently on in there.
Tragically before you can even take a picture all of your delicious and nutrition homemade honey whole wheat bread will be devoured. It's all good in the hood though, because this domestic goddess will just whip some more on out tomorrow.
And please, if you're going to do it, do it in style.
No comments:
Post a Comment