la la la, i could go on all daaaaaay... oh, you don't know what i'm talking about? check this. *swooon*
I digress.
So I figured since I'm that rad you probably would like to know about my independence day... LET FREEDOM RING, LET THE WHITE DOVE SING. Here's the thing: I love this country with such greatness that I cannot allow just one day of celebration of independence from the British, I must celebrate until all celebrations have been warn out (which could really never happen but since I'm a people pleaser I quit when the world says it's time to go home. Not. Gosh, I would never do that.)
Moving on.
I was taking Exercise Physiology (smart? yes. kthanks) and to start my indepence day celebration off with a bang I told my professor to let us take the final Friday morning. That is a lie, she told me we would be taking it that day and I agreed it would be a dang good idea. So we did. I passed. And I got a kick butt grade in the class according to my C's get degrees philosophy.
After said final, I came home and gathered some last minute belongings and headed out the door on my road trip hoooooome. home home home. Want to know the last song that the one radio station in these parts played before the jeep lost it's radio signal? Daughtry's (super hot) Home. No, seriously. And then I spent the next 2.5 hours between my boyz chingy, soulja boi, and dj unk. Of course the trip wouldn't have been complete if I hadn't spent a significant amount of time with Rush and AM conservative talk radio. It's my crack.
Wait, if you're not already reading this in a British accent you need to start now. Just do it.
All was well until I hit about here and nearly Peed. My. Pants. That diet coke goes right through me. Right the heck through me.
Upon arrival at the homestead in which I was greated by my father, I met up with sister Skate. After enjoying much Panda Express I got a FB message on my phone from my pal Max from Florida (Florida, oh how I love thee). Don't even worry, he was in town. He knew I was in town. All was made right in the universe when I knocked on that door I recognized as his sisters from his blog and finally saw a familiar face from the happiest place on earth. No, seriously. When I say all was right in the universe I really mean it.
After giving him the grand tour of my town and all the important places we stopped for snow cones. Oh heaven help me. Go ahead a judge, but I had a snow cone. And that was only the first one for the weekend. Snow cones don't count as treats because it's practically all just snow and deliciousness. Heaven will be made of snow cones. Hands down. After our snow cones we went to the cemetary. IDK why, but we did and it was fab. Like Max.
After that Katie, Sarah, and I piled into the car for the long awaited reunited bliss that was to take place at the ball park. Ladies and Gentlemen, I partook of my first baseball game in 23 months. God Bless America. Land that I love. It was joyous to the umpteenth power. We met up there with Steven, Erika, and he who shall not be named who once again told me I just didn't have the faith. Boy oh boy. Some of them will never learn. In honor of me being there they won. Their win was followed by a spectacular fireworks show in honor of Sarah's day of birth. Love.
The next day of celebration included... I don't remember what happened up until we got snow cones again. It was that much of a need. Seriously. Have you ever had a horchata snow cone? No? I would advise you that if you plan on living a full and complete life that you get up and go get one. Now.
Who can have a weekend of Independence Day celebration without a party? Not me, that's for sure. Our party consisted of William, his sister Emma, muah, Skate, and Sarah. And of course, Tundra.
This is getting really really long. Are you still interested?
William made icecream. We sat in the backyard and smelled our neighbors who shall remain unidentifiable (not the one's youre thinking) smoke weed with their homeboys. When we tried to join their party we were shoowed away like we had the bubonic plague. Seriously? Whatev. Then the other neighbors started their pre dusk firework show and we had to let Tundra join the party like she was some sort of A list celeb.
It was alright until we (and by we I mean Sarah) had to take a dead bird away from her. She just got too excited about this great country that she killed her little friend. It really was a tragidy.
Did you know that we have the biggest fireworks show west of the Mississippi? Other places firework shows must blow chunks because this year seriously disappointed. Dang. Thankfully we had our wits about us and were able to spend the next three hours getting bit by bugs while laying on the grass reminisicing about the good old days and looking shocked about the largeness that the double chin is while laying down.
After an early morning farewell we departed ways. I woke up just in the nic of time to participate in my sabbath day worship services. Later that afternoon we were joined by Megan, which made life just that much sweeter. You know what she let us do? Go shopping. In her closet. Boy howdy, was that a fun time to be had by one and all. That girl has more junk than the Gap. I pretty much had my wardrobe tripled in size. What a pal she is. (Incase you were't aware she is making a big old life changing decision in which her clothing isn't involved. You can ask her about it later. And no, she ain't going to a nudist colony. Although, if she did I would join her).
At the stroke of midnight we went to Denny's with William and Sarah. It was such a retched experience that I don't even want to talk about it. I am regretting even brining it up.
Oh, but the next day. The next day was THE day. The day of all days. The day of celebration. The day of Independence.
It started out with a fight between William and Megan about who was making who late this time. Needless to say we left William in the dust and had our way with the local downtown celebration of freedom. And by had our way I mean had this:
But then Skate and I got cranky. Her because of the people, me because of the heat. You would think after my bout with Florida weather I would be ok with it. Tis not the case. Call me crazy but I think it might be the dry heat making me uncomfortable as can be. We'll discuss that subject at a later date.
Remember snow cone heaven? All was once again made right in the world with one of these beauties. Four actually, since there were four of us. Boy, does the girl that works that snow cone shack know how to rock that ice machine. Yummo. She is the best one in town, hands down. She might as well be my
After inhaling said heaven sent frozen deliciousness we headed home to go shopping in Megan's closet. Again. It's really a tragidy for you that you weren't there. Sarah made out with some hip hoppin' stuff. Like colored bobby pins. I would have fought her for those but we were in close quarters and I figured since we were celebrating our Independence we could keep the day peaceful and civil. I felt it was my duty. Really, the most important part of the day was our God Bless America themed bbq. You are unAmerican if you don't have a bbq on the great day of Independence. So we did our American duty and had one. Picnic style. Don't even worry about it, we invited Sugar Silvertush, the resident
Our Indepence day weekend celebration was brough to a close by one final Sonic run (For the Fourth time. Get it? Fourth time?) Harry Potter even found it in his heart to join us. It was bitter sweet.
But then it just got bitter when Megan tried to have her way with
What a mighty fine country we inhabit.
God Bless America
Sorry for the mass amounts of worthless information.
And the unedited pictures. I'll try harder next time.
2 comments:
Whoo for fourth of July weekends!
Loved every minute of it. I think I may have to partake of some snow cone goodness.
Post a Comment