That's what my life smells like these days. Everyone around me seems to think it's important so it's all I smell all day. And it's not that i'm complaining, I think it's actually a pleasent smell. Not that it is actually my sunscreen. I def don't wear it as much as I should.
My theory is that chances are i'm going to get the skin cancer anyway, might as well speed up the process, right? Kinda like how I probably already have lung cancer so I might as well smoke a little. And how because I might get liver cancer I should just go ahead and drink because it wouldn't matter anyway. Or like, chances are i'm going to get a brain tumor so I should probably just... wait, can you do stuff to get brain tumors? Not the point, sorry.
No, I don't wear sunscreen like I should. Because of that I have a tan line on the top of my head. Wicked? Sure thing.
Speaking of which, while my world smells like sunscreen. My field of vision if filled with tan lines. A tan line says a whole lot about a person. I could write a ten page essay on what your tan lines mean. Maybe one day we'll discuss it here.
Add to the sunscreen smell and the tan lines the amount of chlorine that one feels as though they are breathing in after spending too much time at the pool. I think my blood is at least 39% chlorine. Possibly more. Maybe that will cause the brain tumor. If I did have a brain tumor I would only allow Dr. Shepard, as in Derek, to cut into my noggin. Just sayin'.
You know what else I have been seeing besides tan lines and cranky parents these days?
A serious amount of finely tabernacled spirits. Holy moly me oh my. Be still my soul.
The best thing I have seen in a while consisted of a group of gentlemen (don't worry, I checked their wrist bands to make sure they were of age before I started lusting after them) dressed in this:
And these:
And these:
And don't be hatin' but they were also rockin' some of these too:
Let the record state that they weren't even wearing their boots like it was some sort of fashion statement. They were old and worn out and practically screamed 'I have been working in the sun all day long, possibly even stepped in horse poop with these here boots, and it's about time I get a little break for a dip in the pool'. Like, they just threw on the only shoes they had and these were them. Hot. If you ask me.
Do you see what I mean? Fab.
However smelling, seeing, feeling, whatevering just isn't enough. What makes the aroma of my life complete is the fantastic things that are overheard, and sometimes said directly to my face. Like the following conversation that happened just a few short hours ago between myself and a 10 year old kid.
Him "Hi! What's your name?"
Me "Lauren, what is yours?"
Him "Nathan"
Me "Oh really? I have a brother named Nathan. But he is older and lives far away and has a couple babies"
Him "I don't have kids. But I do have two sisters and two brothers."
Me "Very cool. Are they here with you today?"
Him "No. Well actually, I have three sisters. But only one is my real sister"
Me "Oh, are they your step sisters?"
Him *after much thought "Well, no. My dad was busy with my mom. And then he was busy with other moms. He cheated."
At which point he swam away as though nothing had happened.
So are the days of my lives.
I know, you only wish you were me.





1 comment:
Dang. Me thinks I need to give up my life of glamour and move to a small town to lifeguard at the pool.
Post a Comment