Ok, back to the bad habit. When I get a drink from this place, I suck it dry in no time flat. But that's pretty normal for me. After the drinky drink is all drank there is a beautiful cup of aforementioned ice left that has melted to the consistancy of perfection. It is then that I take my straw and crush up the ice even more. Kind of in an up and down motion, making sure that the ice gets forced up the straw, so then I have a straw full of ice. Get it? Cool. Then to top it off, I suck all the ice out the straw and... well, I just really like it that way.
I always have to apologize to people who have never been to this place with me when we first walk in for what I am about to do with my ice. I'm sure it's pretty annoying to have to listen to and watch. Seriously though, I can't help it. I apologize now for any future excursions I may take with you that could possibly involve my ice eating skills.
Girl, let me tell you. This story is about to get good.
Last night my pal Ash and I went to this place to get some drinks and other nurishing necessities. We were sitting there talking to one another across from a table of young gentlemen. Out of nowhere I hear this awfully familier noise that makes my heart skip a little beat. Ash looks and me, I look at her and together we look over at the table of boy oh boys. And there, like mana sent from heaven, was a young man crushing his ice up with his straw the same. exact. way. then of course he sucked it up through the straw like any good ice crusher would do.
Soul. Mate.
Hands down, no questions asked.
All I can hear is his ice being crushed up when Ash says "Lauren, he's doing that thing with his ice. I have never seen anyone do that but you." And then of course we didn't sneak a picture of him with the iPhone, because that would be straight up creepy. But seriously.
And then you know what happened? Today I hopped on into the library to finish up a paper. I sat down at a computer and scanned the other computer cubbies around me and took note of a familier face. Hello ice crushing man sitting across from me. I quick logged in, texted Ash to let her know, pulled up my assignment, went to make flirty eyes at him... and he was gone. Just like that.
Next time. Next time imma let him know we were destined to be together. We most likely made an ice crushing pact in the pre existance. I can feel it.
In other news: I failed my first phys test. That was the start of a pretty crappy day this morning. Have no fear, I'm thinking it's a blessing. Why? I now have a perfect excuse to take part in some serious office hours with Dr. Hottie McHot Pants. I'm probably going to get my flirt/converting powers on. Because if it doesn't work out with the ice crusher, I'd be down with a PhD. A total hottie and brains? Be still my soul.
*Disclaimer: Just to set the record straigh: Apparently I didn't make it well enough known that I actually did wear pants to class the other day. Who do you think I am? I put comfy pants on (remember? as to not offend the roommates) and forgot to put my school pants back on for school. I looked a hot dang mess in those comfy pants. It was a little bit embarassing. That is all.

1 comment:
Thanks Fergie! Hahahahaha! I get it. It's awesome that you are getting spelling advice from a song. Woot.
Post a Comment