I teach water aerobics. We've been over this before. I usually teach on Wednesday nights but last night I had the pleasure of subbing for the Monday night teacher. She does AquaZumba. Awesome? Yessiree. I however, do not teach AquaZumba. I just kick it with some regular old aerobicizing in the water. It's pretty nice.
Awhile ago no one came to class. Like for weeks, no one showed up. It was kind of depressing. Sometimes I would get in and do it by myself. Rocking out, just me and the water. The lifeguards thought it was quite hillarious. I, however, thought it was pretty awesome to get paid to exercise. I like my cups half full, Actually I prefer them all the way full. But it's like, whatev.
Anywho, last night I was instructing the old ladies in the ways of the water aerobics when I looked around and realized my goal in life had been fulfilled. And I was really happy just high knee-ing away right there in the pool with my friends of old ages. But things were only about to get better when I looked over and examed the man that had joined our class.
A man. In water aerobics.
He was young. My age probably. Handsome as the devil himself (if the devil is infact handsome). Painfully tan for such a winter month. One might even say... Exotic. Excuse me while I get my swoon on.
I asked him something while water lunging, the details left my mind when he opened his mouth and said (in possibly the sexiest accent I have ever heard in the swimming pool) "excuse me, English no good, only French".
After I got over the double swoon that overtook my body I asked him where he was from.
Oh you know, just little old Spain.
A French speaking Spaniard?
Heaven help us all. I could hardly contain myself. (I maybe even crossed my fingers he would drown so I could give him mouth to mouth).
A beautiful exotic French speaking man from Spain. On holiday for a month in the States. In my little town. In my water aerobics class that I shouldn't have even been teaching last night.
It was like it was fate or something. Probably more like divine intervention.
It's a beautiful thing really, you probably should start looking for the wedding announcements in the mail anyday now.
Be still my soul.
And if the night could possibly get any better: while we were jamming away working on our abdominals, Lady Gaga came on right after Britney Spears (because that's how we roll in my class). On old lady started jamming, like full on dance moves and outrageously impressive lyrics, in the middle of which she stated she really liked the music. Seriously, water aerobics just brings people together in love and happiness.

1 comment:
Was he tall?
Post a Comment