Dear Daddy,
Happy Fathers Day! I would go ahead and say that you are the best daddy in the whole world but then people would say that their daddy is better which just makes me mad. Like you always say, nothing is more annoying than people who think they know everything to those of us who do. Or something like that. Anyway, I was going to send you a card and the worlds best gift but I forgot. The brain tumor, remember? Sorry. So instead I thought I would send you an e-card since you're so tech savvy these days. But I couldn't decide which one. Instead you get a blog full of them. Love? yes.
Let's be honest. If the looks weren't enough (although the older I get the more I turn into my mother) your political ideas have been embedded in my DNA. Am I your most conservative child? Yes. I believe I am.
I'm sure you're going to get so many from all your other children today, wouldn't want to burden you with any other junk.
Nobody likes a prostitute. Not even me (not that I know any. Personally at least). The truth is, I'm actually not that creative anyway. Must mean the emotional baggage was kept to a minimum. Good for you daddy, good for you.
Seriously, you're the best.
You guys (not you dad, all the other millions of people who are reading this), not many people know this. In fact, I didn't even know until just a short while ago, but my dad is like a boy guru. He knows everything. And he's so smart. I would show you a picture of the text conversation we had the other day about a certain boy but then you would know who it was and that might not be pretty. So I'll just tell you here so I can sensor it all. Ready? OK. We were discussing boys when the following happened:
Him: You should let every YM know that if he trifles with the princesses feelings, he will feel the wrath of the king.
Me: I wouldn't let any boy trifle with my feelings, especially not the bad ones.
Him: You are pretty dang smart, it didn't take you long to figure out ***********
Me: That he's a bad one? Because he is.
Him: I don't know how bad he is but he is certainly more interested in himself than anyone else. Just apply the same evaluation criteria you used on him to the rest of them.
How wise is he, right? Seriously, so wise. I should have been asking him for boy advice ages ago.
You see what I'm saying?
I enjoyed the way you fathered me. You are quite good at it. but...
Sorry for those excruciatingly painful years. It hurts me just thinking about it. But that leads to...
And you better love them as much as you love those other ones.
Remember that one time when you were teaching me how to ride my bike and you practically forced me into running into that giant tree and then a couple of days later the tree fell down and you told me I knocked it loose and it was my fault? I remember. Thanks for toughening me up at an early age.
Yep. And now I secretly really love mowing the lawns. But only in patterns. Don't tell your wife that.
The truth is, whatever I gave you when I was seven was probably better than this. Sorry.
And finally
You are the best daddy in the whole world. I am indeed honored to be called your child, favorite and all.
Love you the most of all things ever.
Love,
Your favorite little princess














No comments:
Post a Comment