8/29/12

{my dreams are bursting at the seams}

122 days ago I graduated from my institution of higher education

62 days ago I officially finished life as a college student

61 days ago I quit my job teaching babies to swim

50 days ago I quit my job saving lives

49 days ago I moved home

19 days ago I could breathe again

2 days ago I thought if I didn't put on pants I wouldn't be able to leave the house and if I couldn't leave the house I couldn't find fun things to do and if I couldn't find fun things to do I would be forced to stay at home and look for a job.

False.

Everyday when I wake up I lay in bed just 30 seconds shorter than the time it takes my mind to decide if I don't get up I'll pee my pants. I race the pee home so often that I figured I probs don't need to race it out of bed as well. TMI? Sorry.

Then my body just goes into autopilot mode and takes over. The shower gets turned on, the hair gets washed, the teeth get brushed, the body gets a good scrub down, the make up gets applied, the hair gets did, the pants get put on.

I can't not put pants on.

For the last 24 (maybe minus 2 from when I was but a wee lass) I have gotten up and put pants on. Or sometimes a skirt. In fact, for awhile it was nothing but a skirt. But clothes none the less.

And now I have nothing to do, yet I still put on pants. Which is weird, because I hate pants.

I need something to do.

Like a job maybe.

Because I have some serious spending habits that are crying inside because the bank account is just about run dry.

The other day I was talking to a dear friend of mine I met once upon a time in Florida. He asked me what kind of job I wanted. I told him one where I could sit around and be lovely and someone would pay me to do it. You know what he said? I will tell you (and I kid not) word for word:

"WOW!! Sit around? Then you are planning to be my WIFE!!"

....*crickets*....

We won't speak of the many reasons that this probably won't work out, except that the man is old enough to be my father. And not in a he was 15 when I was born way (because, in all actuality, i'm down with that kind of business). More in a he was at least as old as I am now when I made my earthly debut.

That and a lot of other things.

Seriously, why don't the boys here love me the way the grown men did in the great Sunshine state?

A few days ago I rediscovered this little gem from the mission days from a different wannabe male suitor:





Broke so many hearts back in the day.

West coast boys need to get their acts together.

And I need a job.

Kbye. 





No comments: