7/26/09

{deicisiete dias}

In honor of the fact that I shall be leaving for the mission in 17 very short days I have compiled a load random facts just for you about the great state of Florida (or more specifically, Jacksonville).

But first, here's a pretty picture for you to look at.


Jacksonville is the biggest city (by area) in the United States at 873.4 square miles

Population: 807,815

The hottest month is July with an average high of 91 degrees (heat index of 105-115 (i dont know what that means but it sounds dangerous)). The coldest is January with an average low of 45 degrees. (and like 1 million percent humidity)

Jacksonville has an elevation of 16 feet. one. six. sixteen.

Ever heard of Yellowcard? Rumor has it they're Jacksonville natives.

The four seasons are: almost summer, summer, not summer but really hot, and Christmas.

The last hurricane that actually hit Jacksonville head on was Hurricane Dora in 1964. However, there are tropical storms and brushes with hurricanes pretty often

The last time it snowed was December 23, 1989.

There are 800 Protestant churches... and 12 LDS wards.

3 comments:

Jess said...

17 days?!?!?! I just got really sad... REALLY excited... then really sad again...

T said...

Can I come by to visit?

Just tell me a good time!

Hey Jude! said...

I want to visit too. Maybe I will "run into you".