It has been cold cold cold here. I wore two pairs of tights, 3 shirts, a sweater, and my coat and I was still cold. My little tootsies just can't take it. I wonder what wool socks would look like under a pair of tights. I might have to try it out.
We tract a lot. Like a lot a lot. Like all the day long. Mostly people tell us they're not interested. Then we go "you're not interested in Jesus?" and then sometimes they say "nope" or some say "yeah, I'm interested in Jesus, not you" and then they shut the door. We get to teach a little here and there too. We got a couple new gators this last week. We tracted into this one cool guy. We taught a lot at the door and then made an appointment to go back later in the week. When we went back he wasn't there. We tracted a little bit and then drove by his house and his car was back so we knocked on the door. He told us that he had to take a shower but to come back in an hour. So we did because we're kind like that. My lack of faith thought that he would probably just leave but when we went back he was there and full of some serious questions. He says he'll have the Book of Mormon read in no time.
We did have this other cool guy come to church with us this week. We usually have a ton of gators in church but ever since our family got baptized our numbers have shrunk. Mostly because they're members now. Don't worry, they still come. We contacted into him one very very hot day while we were riding our bikes all over town. We made a return appointment to go back and see him and have been teaching him about once a week ever since. He FINALLY came to church yesterday. He is pretty sweet. He reads the Book of Mormon every day and says that he knows the church is true.
Transfers have come and gone and although out of habit I had the strong urge to pack up my stuff and leave I'm staying put.
1 comment:
Reading about your layers of clothing reminded me a bit of my own mission -- I put on my first pair of thermals on July 31. We had our first trace of snow sometime in August and from there it was just bitter cold - I would wear two pairs of thermals, tights, two pairs of socks, sorrell boots, wool skirt, shirt, sweater, coat, big scarf, and massive russian hat -- and we would still freeze. The day I left Russia it was -25 and there were ice chunks floating down the river. I so don't envy you at this moment :) But I do admire you - We miss you and love you-I'll get a real letter sent to you sometime when I figure out how to be a mom to three little kids - it's slightly out of control over here..but fun. Love, Rachel and family.
Post a Comment