12/28/09

Merry, Merry Christmas!

To all of Sister Johnson's friends: Any and all comments you make on her blog I pass on to her in my weekly letter. She really enjoys hearing from you. Thanks for reading!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Miracle and a half times ten! You know the family I told you about last week that got baptized? The mom called us on Saturday afternoon and left a message that went something like this... "hey girls, it's me. I have been talking to my husband a lot yesterday and today and he decided that he needs to get baptized." When we walked in to their house, he was glowing and smiling and just seemed so happy. He told us that he saw the real change that it made in his family, even the little kids, and he wanted that for himself. After a few phone calls were made we headed to the church to fill up the font. And just like that it was done! Sunday the family moved right up to the front of the church and sat in a bench. We called President on Saturday to tell him the good news. He said that he couldn't come up that night but that he would be there in the morning. So lucky Brother M got to be confirmed by President Newman. Heavenly Father is good!

4 comments:

Rachel Doyle said...

Good Heavens (literally)-- What I wouldn't have done for these experiences in my own mission -- I just got rejection after rejection. You go girl!!!

Jess said...

Awwww world's best missionary! You rock those souls Sista Jay!

FamiLee said...

A very Merry Christmas indeed!

Glad to see you enjoying it!

*Ashleigh* said...

You're like a baptizing machine! We love you and you're amazing!