They took away my car.
And they made me a Gator.
Like, for realsies.
Welcome to the Gainesville 4th Singles Branch on the Campus of the University of Florida. I now have 50,000 scantily clad, grotesquely tan potential investigators!! We pretty much just chill on campus all day contacting and then when all those awesome students go home we follow them to their apartment complexes and knock on their doors and bother them some more.
But in all honestly, I have never seen so many people wearing booty shorts in one place in all of my life. We are SO over dressed for this party.
And our P-day is on Saturday (as you can see) because 1. No one is on campus on this glorious day because they all have hangovers from Friday night (rated #1 party school in America 5 years in a row. word) and 2. They L.O.V.E. the football team more than they love the Lord. And game day is Saturday. So here we are in the Science Library by ourselves just chilling.
Let me tell you about how we got there.
On Wednesday we had transfer meeting as we were having a general authority coming for a mission tour Thursday and Friday. Like pretty much every sister got transferred, or at least the companionship just mixed up. They whitewashed a ton of areas so we figured they would be opening some new sister areas. I was squished between one Sister C on my left and Sister P on my right when el Presidente Barry started in on transfers. I may or may not have been whispering to Sister P about other missionaries when he started in on the Gainesville zone. And since no sisters previously occupied this area I didn’t really listen. And then he said "and in the Gainesville 4th ward Elder so and so and Elder so and so are being replaced by Sister Johnson and Sister L. I stopped running my mouth and said "What did he say?" and Sister P just shrugged so I raise my hand and say "we may or may not have been listening, would you please repeat that last bit of information". So he did. And I said "that's what’s up!" and then he said "and also serving in the same apartment on campus will be Sister P and Sister C, they will be our first set of walking sisters". And I just started laughing because I didn't get it. I pretty much thought that we were serving in the 4th ward with a car and they were serving in the singles branch without one. So I laughed at Sister P who was FREAKING out about a. being on campus and b. not having a car. However, by the end of transfer meeting we had it all figured out. And now there are 4 sisters serving in a singles branch on campus in an apartment with one bathroom that is approximately 2 miles from campus uphill both ways with no car. Seriously.
I'm going to need some better shoes.
Moving right along, my comp is sister L. She is from Tonga. She is a sweet gal. And of course I LOVE my little sister P. and I love her comp, too.
Dude, my feet kill. I’m totes going to lose like 3948 pounds by the end of this transfer.
Let me tell you about Thursday. Once a year each mission is toured by a GA. this year we were lucky enough to have Elder Pearson join us. The guy is like, woah. The meeting was off the hizzay. The spirit was so strong. Hands down. I learned SO much from him.
The branch hasn't had a baptism in over a year. Pray for us.
Please e-mail or text me (Lauren's mom) if you want her address. She would appreciate all the mail you may wish to send!
No comments:
Post a Comment