It is now my privilege to tell you about the mostly awesome events of the week.
Monday was normal.
Tuesday was normal, but then I started stressing out to the mizzax when I got a little text message that said "Sister Johnson... I have a genetics lab I haven't finished. Can't meet today". But I remembered that if I would just trust the Lord a little more things would work out.
Wednesday was normal including an incredibly awesome lesson on keeping the commandments and trusting the Lord (really, I must learn to trust Him more if I am supposed to be teaching people about it...) with said text message sender. We also met briefly with the Branch President to discuss logistics of a very important event that would shortly happen.
Thursday was normal including riding my bike 1.5 miles uphill to the institute with one other sister missionary sitting on the handlebars of my bike. Seriously. I am bomb.com/really really buff and awesome. It also included Branch Correlation with our fearless Branch Mission Leader who just got home from his mission from none other than the Pennsylvania Pittsburgh Mission. During said meeting there was another meeting going on between one special elder and one text message sender/lesson on trust. Then we may or may not have gone to our apartment complex Halloween party to eat some good food (very delicious meat balls, but they ain't got nothing on yours) but we had to leave when the very awesome music started playing and I got a nasty twitch that made me want to bust a move right there on the pool deck. Have no fear, I restrained myself. There may or may not have been some grove shaking when we got back to the apartment. But don't tell anyone, we already repented.
Friday was normal until I realized exactly what was happening and how not in control of the situation I was which made me start to freak out hard core style. And then the AP's showed up. Word? Word. That is when the mourning started. We had a terrible terrible loss. My queen size pillow top mattress and box spring were taken right out from under me. In return they gave me a lizzame twin size bed that the only people that have ever slept on it was a member of the Seventy and the area president of the Seventy. Apparently Sister B had two twins pushed together to make a queen and they informed her that she had better get a queen. So they traded us as the big old monster awesome bed that was too big for the apartment they had just signed the lease on. So they took it. Practically stole it from me. After the AP's left I hopped on the phone with C, the fearless Branch Mission Leader, to make sure everything was set. Then I called him maybe 10 more times. Between those ten times I called a bunch of Elders to make sure that keys were had and buildings were to be opened and people knew where they should be and when they should be there. Then I had to call sister so and so from the ward to make sure little so and so's main event wasn't the same time as ours. It really was quite stressful. I dozed off sure that we would sleep in and miss the event of the century... but only after calling C once or twice more. He's a nice dude.
Saturday was normal...ish. I woke up at 6:30 grabbed the phone and called the chauffeur of the celebrity of the day. I don't think she was awake when she talked to me so I called back at 7:00. She was up this time. Plans were set in stone and things were ready to go. At 8:15 the sister missionaries chauffeur pulled up, we jumped in the car and headed off to some location known only to us as 16th Blvd. And no one was there. Hello?!?! How many times does it take a sister missionary calling an Elder to make sure that the doors are unlocked at 8:30. Clearly I didn't do it enough. I called them again and they said "yeah, we're planning on leaving in 15 minutes". No, no you are not. I calmly insisted that they had better be there right now. 5 minutes later they arrived. I seriously know how to work the magic. We went to check out the main focus of our event and found it quite dirty as it hasn't been used in a while. I grabbed some cleaning supplies and did a quick wipe down and turned the nobs until just the right amount of awesomeness was flowing. Chairs. Chairs must be set up. I enlisted the help of some people just standing around and soon enough there were chairs overflowing the room. It was then that the Branch Pres thought it might be best if the chairs were turned the other way for the big event. So we moved the chairs. It really did work out better that way. Smart guy he is. At a quarter to when the main event was supposed to begin the star of the show with her chauffeur had yet to arrived. And then I remembered the awesomeness flowing and had the horrible realization that it had been on for way too long and that there could potentially be awesomeness overflowing onto the carpet (wouldn't be the first time I have done such a thing...) I dropped everything I was holding and ran into the room filled with chairs and got there right in time to cease and desist the awesomeness. A few minutes later the star showed up, a quick round of hugs and it was off to the dressing room. She came out looking quite beautiful. After a whirlwind of camera flashes and more hugs we proceeded to the room of chairs and awesomeness. We sang and prayed and were told that the angels in heaven were dancing that day, which I have to agree was def true. I sat down at the piano bench with Sister P standing by my side. I started to play a little tune and she started to sing but her voice was a little shaky and she only got one line out. I stopped for a second, looked up at her and there were some big old tears running down that girls cheeks. She whispered to keep playing so I did. And she stood there and cried. The most AMAZING feeling was in the room, I couldn't even cry it was so awesome, I just felt pure happiness and joy and for a minute I think I felt what it was like to be something bigger and better. Serious happiness, so much so I though I was going to laugh. Not like laugh out loud, but you know the little I'm so happy I could squeal and giggle and my heart might just burst because it is all true?!? That kind of laugh. I was playing away when I looked up and over the back of the piano and saw our little star of the show sitting there crying big big tears, trying to wipe them away but they just kept coming. Halfway through the song that was being played but not sung the Branch Pres said "everyone, let's sing it together" so everyone started singing and... and it was awesome. When the song was over I got up and grabbed the hand of the star of the show and said come with me. We went out of the room and around the little hallway. she stopped and said "Sister Johnson, your song made me cry!" and I said "no, the spirit made you cry" and then we hurried our walk up to the back of the stage were one really awesome Elder was waiting for her. he took her hand and after 45 seconds it was done. She climbed up and out and was standing there still crying. We went back to the dressing room where for a brief minute I had the incredibly awesome opportunity to teach and show what the spirit feels like first hand. I looked down and realized my new leather shoes were incredibly wet from our star of the show standing there, but it didn't matter. Because when the spirit is that strong there really must be angels in heaven dancing for our girl Z, who was baptized. And that is WAY better than not having wet shoes.
I'm not coming home in March. Probably not ever. This work is WAY too awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment