So some of the area seventy came to Jax and went on "splits" with some of the stake presidents and bishops. They kindly choose good old Bishop L from the Jax 2nd ward to go out with. They came to see the C’s. The recent convert family that takes good care of us (in fact we are at their house right now) they are the ones that have the grandma that isn't baptized yet but needs to be. Anyway, they came to see them yesterday and it sounds as though it went terribly well. Elder A (the area authority) came and talked to the kids and the mom about their conversion stories and then turned to the grandma and said "so why haven't you done it yet?" and then committed her to be baptized this coming Saturday. Ummm hello? I wish that I had that kind of power. We are so so so excited. so excited. Anyway, what a blessing it was for the family to have him in their home. We came by after he left and the spirit was still so strong. It was just so peaceful. Everyone was just sitting around smiling and laughing and loving each other. It was awesome.
Miracle. I LOVE miracles. I live for them. And they are everywhere every single day.
OH OH OH!! (Kind of like Santa’s ho ho ho only backwards :)) On Saturday morning guess who we are having a meeting with? Go on now and guess.... ELDER OAKS!!!! Like the man himself is coming. Woah. Double woah. If you recall Elder Nelsen came in May which was awesome/bomb.com. President Newman and all the guys that came with him told us that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and that it rarely happened. I guess they just love us so much they gotta send another one back for round 2. I am pretty excited. He is coming for stake conference with the stake across the river but on Saturday morning before the other meetings he is meeting with the missionaries. Too cool. I'm pretty excited.
Love/Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment