This week has been good. I really really love my companion. She is awesome. Things are going really really good. We teach really well together and have a lot of fun doing the work. Although, I think she thinks I'm nuts. Which I guess is kind of partly true. She is a sweet girl. I am really really going to miss her.
We had a little miracle of sorts this week that has its origins back in the day around Christmas time. Sister S and I were tracting when we knocked on the door of a nice gentleman named J. We talked to him and he seemed pretty alright so we set up a time to go back and see him but he wasn't there. We left a note and stuff and then she got transfer ed. Fast forward to this last Tuesday. We were going to try and see a member but the awesome missionary that i am forgot the ward list. I thought I knew where we were going but I turned down the wrong street that the member definitely didn't live on. But then I remembered that we had a former that lived there so we stopped to see good old J. Right as we knocked on his door he came out of his neighbors house. We talked to him for a little bit and he said that he had been to church 2 weeks before. I didn't really believe him because with the mass amounts of missionaries that are in the ward you would think that someone saw him. However he perfectly described who talked in church and the sacrament and stuff. He even informed us that he sat 4 rows behind us next to the oriental lady who's husband passed the sacrament. Those were his words. Haha. I thought it was pretty cool. It was a miracle that we went back to see him, I had not thought of him since we had seen him that day but for some reason I turned down that street and remembered about him. On Tuesday he said that he was busy Wednesday and wouldn't be able to come to our scripture study class but that he would be in church on Sunday. When Wednesday night rolled around guess who showed up? J! He came to church on sunday too and we were able to have a lesson with him after church. We invited him to be baptized but I think he is going to be a tough cookie to crack.
No comments:
Post a Comment