4/2/11

{now don't go getting all offended}

This might offend you, but I just have to say it.
I am God's favorite.

Let me tell you why.



I have known of this favoritism for awhile now. I mean, it's pretty obvious. Have you seen my parents? Yeah, he doesn't give just anybody parents like mine. Sorry about that. Anyway, I wasn't sure if it was true, so I asked Him. He def answered with a big old "of course".




He reminded me again this week.

I was getting my bake on in the form of a tie dye cake a couple nights ago. I was doing my thing at the kitchen table. You know, a little mixing. A little stirring. A little pouring. A little Grey's Anatomy (don't judge). My good sister Katie came in around 11 and asked me what I was waiting for. I told her nothing, just hanging out with the oven and all my favorite surgeons, in the form of last season since I missed a bunch of action while I was out. She left and I continued my business when the little thought popped into my head:



"Lauren, you're supposed to register for school at midnight."



Oh. Emm. Gee. Don't even worry about it. It's not like I was a total wreck about deciding what to do with my life.


Anyway, I recalled that I had tried to log on to the school's website a bunch of times the few days before, but it never would let me. Something about not knowing the password or whatev. I thought I would give it a try and if it let me in, it would be a sign that all was a go go. If not I would just have to change my plans for the fall. I opened up the website, guessed what my user name and password was and clicked enter. The next thing I know I'm registering for 16 credits of ...... what I just might have changed my major too. Not thinking much about it I logged off and went to bed only after a minor quarter life crisis in which I had to wake my mother up to make sure I wouldn't be disappointing her by changing my major to ......




The next day my pal came over and I told her what I had done, how my schedule had worked out perfectly, like almost too good to be true. I pulled up the school's site so she could see for herself. I put in my username and password that had worked not 12 hours before. I clicked enter and the stupid thing wouldn't let me in. So I tried again. And again. And again and again.


And it never worked.



Lame, right?


That's what I thought.


But the more I thought about it the more I realized that stuff like that just doesn't happen. I'm a firm believer in divine intervention*. And I think it happened.


Some might call it a tender little mercy. You know, registering for class when I shouldn't have been able to. I call it God proving I'm His favorite once again. Which I'm totes OK with. You should be too.



Want to know what else gives me the firm belief I'm His fave?




He let me do this:



*I'll give you a surprise if you can name this movie*



Here:






While some of you blessed souls got to do it here:
That's what I thought...

*when I go back to school and start freaking out about how I can't do this major change, remind me of this, k? thanks.

2 comments:

Mel said...

that's so awesome! what school are you gonna go to? and whats your major change to?
kudos on the tie dye cake and i too shamefully watch greys so you are in good company

*Ashleigh* said...

I really like this story. Also that movie is "On the Way Home" or "Coming Home" or something like that! I loved that movie. A real tearjerker of the 1990s. Classic. I had a big crush on the older brother.

(PS. The word verification that I am required to type in to post this comment is "prize"...coincidence?