Welcome to the first ever episode of MakeOut Monday.
Hi, how are you? good to have you here. Let's makeout, shall we?
Is calling this blog post MakeOut Monday appropriate? Hope so.
Anyway, I'll get to the point in un momento. But first, let me share with you why the name came to be. You see, my mother has grown adult children. Four of them to be precise. Three of them are single. The hitched one lives clear across the country with his wife (Hi Brenda Katie!) and grandchild(ren... soon). It has come to my attention in the last 9 weeks of being home that my mom seriously has the need for kiddos of the grand kind this side of the Mississippi. She get's really excited any time the words MakeOut come out of ones mouth. Like, really excited. Not as in she's going to go find the nearest gentlemen to mack on (which hopefully would be Ray) it's more like, OMG! My children are making out? AWESOME! Only, my mom doesnt really say omg. or awesome. (Sidenote: we don't makeout with eachother. I just realized that sounds like we totally do. We don't. Definitely). I mean, it's like she thinks that if we're making out we have some serious prospects lined up, or something. For example: the other night myself, Skate and our mother were sitting in the kitchen talking about the previous nights endevours. Skate is talking about a gentleman when my mom asks if he's cute. Skate replies that she didn't really know, it was dark. Mother dearest then asks what his name is. Katie replies (jokingly) something along the lines of "I dont know, it's kind of awkward to makeout with someone and then be like 'by the way, what's your name?'" You should have seen our mothers face as she squeeled with delight and practially shouted "YOU MADE OUT!??!" It was actually kind of disappointing to witness her being told it was a joke.
So in honor of my mother, we will call it MakeOut Monday. cool? cool.
Here's the thing. Apparently, according to my mother, making out is cool. It must be even for the hitched type too if she's digging it. Therefor let's not limit to MakeOut Monday just to those of the single type. All you ring on the finger babes are invited to join in too.
Ok, so whats the point? Let's just say that I almost went with the title HardCoreDiet Thursday or LetsGetSkinny Saturyda or DietDisaters Tuesday, but all of those have such a negative ring to them. So we're going with MakeOut Monday. As in, youre about to hear about my adventures with the hard core diet, as I prefer to call it.
Some think that calling it a lifestyle change makes it sound more fun and adventurous and appealing. But let's me honest, I like my lifestyle. I don't want to change it. I just have a few extra curves we gotta get rid of. How does this tie in to making out? I'm still not sure. I just like the ring of MakeOut Monday.
Did I just make you unineterested in MakeOut Monday by admitting that it's really just a cover up for the hard core diet? Dude, sorry. Just stay put, it's going to be awesome. I promise.
A week back I was hanging with my girl AD, when I told her I was probably going to blog about the hard core diet. The conversation went something like this:
her "oh no"
me "what?"
her "you're turning into one of those bloggers"
me "what do you mean one of those bloggers?"
her "blogging about everything you eat and crap"
I think what she meant and stuff was that nobody cares. Which, quite frankly is true.
Hey, guess what? We were eating this whilst having said discussion:
Yumm? Absoluetly. Heaven is probably a better word for it.
And that my friends, is why MakeOut Monday is in session.
I have a problem.
You see, I am quite large in stature and I don't think it's the probably supersexy awe inspiring kind Nephi was rocking back in the day.
So this week, as MakeOut Monday is now in session, the following two hard core diet changes will be made by yours truely:
I have a problem.
You see, I am quite large in stature and I don't think it's the probably super
So this week, as MakeOut Monday is now in session, the following two hard core diet changes will be made by yours truely:
1. More h2o. Less co2, or whatever carbonated crap is. Dudes and Dudettes, I have a serious soda problem. It's like bad. I could stick a straw into a pool of diet Mt. Dew and stay there until the whole thing was gone, which would probably only take me 2 hours. 2 weeks+2 days ago I threw my last one away and havent had any since. But I slowly started implementing the need with diet Coke. Which, lets be honest, although less tastey is just as not ok for my hot bod as the previous. Also, limit on the diet strawberry limeades from sonic (heaven help my soul, those things are something tastey) Yeah, ok, back to the point. More water. Less soda.
2. Less fried food intake. I would just committ to axing the whole friend food industry but i have a seriously insatiable craving for chicken nuggets these days. I have not a clue where it came from, but I need 'em something fierce. like, woah. Don't even worry your little selves, I already had some for lunch today so y'all don't need to go out and get me some just yet. However the dinner hour is approaching and Cathering may or may not be out of the state. Just saying.
So there is the plan for this week. Next week I will report back on how it went and my adventures with the MakeOut Monday approach. Which, lets be honest, could be really awesome. If you know what I mean, wink wink nudge nudge.
So there is the plan for this week. Next week I will report back on how it went and my adventures with the MakeOut Monday approach. Which, lets be honest, could be really awesome. If you know what I mean, wink wink nudge nudge.
If you feel so inclined to join me on the MakeOut Monday fun boat, please come along. The ride is free, you don't even need a life vest. Let's hear what you are going to do this week to be a little more sexy for next MakeOut Monday.
Oh good, that's how it connects. Getting sexy.
Kinda like MakeOut Mondays.

1 comment:
So does that mean that I can make out? :) Loved the post. :)
Post a Comment