Anyway, I used to be kind of embarassed about her ad matching abilities. When you get to the cash register and there's a long line behind you? Well, I always got a little red faced waiting for her to tell the cashiers how to ring up everything in the cart. I maybe even once swore that I wouldn't ever do it.
Let's be honest here. It's in the blood.
I can't help it.
I am my mothers child.
It started out small. Just a one or two things every now and again. If it was a really good deal. And usually she was the one that would tell me about said really good deal. Then it turned into a few things every couple of weeks, because I couldn't be doing it all the time. That would be blasphemous to my creed to never do such a thing. But now, let me tell ya, it's gotten a little out of hand.
I went grocery shopping today. It started out pleasent. Infact, it ended pleasant too. However, there was a moment in there when the cashier and I went nose to nose while I showed her how a child of a champ does things. But seriously, there was no nose to nose conquest. Just a confusion about a coupon that I waited six weeks in the mail for and wasn't going to get jipped with that easily. We both signed a peace treaty and all was made well in Zion. Hoorah!
Want to know what a savvy shopper I am? For $17.15 I purchased the following:
A giant box of Fruit Loops
Silk coconut milk
Bread
2 boxes of rice
Protein bars (mistake. so gross.)
Frozen vegetables
Bleach
Dry Shampoo
Root Lifter
Gum
Strawberries
Peaches
Drink Mix
I suppose I'm not that good. Yet.
But I'm telling you, I have made myself heir to the thrown and one day this princess will become queen of the ad matching game.
Watch out mom, watch out.
Sidenote: Speaking of traits you get from your mother and Will.I.Am's song about being hot like yo mama... She's hot stuff. Don't believe me? Ask my dad. Don't tell anyone, but I'm pretty sure he's got the hots for her. Gross, I know. The question for you folks who have met me and the fam in real life is this: Seeing as we all look A LOT alike, do we take after our father or our sexy mother?
And your curious as to what I was doing last night? Oh, you know, just crackin a coconut with my Madden pumps. No biggie.
No comments:
Post a Comment