8/30/11

{because nobody goes through life without it}

Let me tell you a little story. It's a true story. And a good story.

One day back in my day I was standing in the kitchen with my sister, Megan. She is a real winner. For real. Anyway, we were standing in the kitchen when a fight over something silly ensued. It was in that instance that she picked up a knife and plunged it deep into my heart. That may be a little more dramatic than what really happened. But in all honesty, she stabbed me. With a knife. In my daggone arm. And then do you want to know what she said?

"If you tell mom, I'll kill you"

Exactly what you want to hear from someone who has just tried to sever your dang arm off with a dull kitchen knife.

Some people try to pull the 'oh you were kids' deal, but she was old enough to know exactly what she was doing. Exactly. I think she might have had a bout with brief psychosis disorder. Just sayin'

Now you see, I'm not trying to make Megastar out to be a bad person. That's not the point at all, you just needed the deets. What I'm trying to get at is that one would think that such an act with leave a devistating scar that would cause a lot of people to stop and stare what happened. At which point I would tell them the tale of when I nearly came to my death right there in my mothers kitchen.

Tis not the case.

Here's the thing: I don't scar. Like, not hardly at all. My stab wound is practically non-seeable. Although, still there. It is still there. Proof Megan, proof.

Side note: During my religious sabatical I was comparing scar stories with a five.point.blood. (no, seriously) He was telling me about his prison riot days and how he's been shot a bunch of times and all his burn scars and whatever. I told him the one story of how my sister stabbed me and I was automatically dubbed the winner for being stabbed by my own flesh and blood. Right? Right.

Here is another story of my sad non-scarring life.

One day while I was riding my bike in the alligator infested wild lands of Florida, I had a little accident. You may remember hearing about it. I was being chased by a gator.  And I was wearing a skirt. Mid claf length, if you will. OR I was trying to stop at a very busy intersection on a very very large bike. Like, made for someone a foot taller than I.. Whatever it was, I had an accident. Wrecked. Biffed it. Ate pavement. Whatever you will. The damage? I had a hole in my hand. An extra knee cap that was protruding just under the skin. My knees all bloodied up from said extra knee cap. But my ankle? I believe it recieved the hardest blow. I lost 9128 layers of skin (or however many there are...) right down to my bone. Minus going through muscles and stuff. Anyway you look at it, it was pretty dang traumatic.

I got really excited about it though, because I was sure that I would be scarred for life. At first my ankle injury was pretty gruesome looking. Even after if healed it was all red and white and crazy scar looking. When I got in the shower it would go all crazy and be amazing looking. Like a piece of art. I'm pretty sad that no one saw it while I was in the shower, but I got standards, you know? I was certain it would be my story scar (you know when you see someone with a really killer scar and you're like 'dang, girl!' and then have to ask about it? oh wait, is that just me?).

But no.

Ten months later and this is the only remaining evidence that I was nearly eaten by a gator/ran over by a car. Tragic? I know.

Sorry about the ugly foot picture. I know, kinda gross. Forgive me.

I don't remember why I was writing this. Maybe to tell you I have a perfect epidermal outer layer. Perfect, just like me. It fits, right daddy?

Oh, and I have a chicken pox scar on my face. It's a triangle. I guess we all have to be a little bit flawed.

But seriously, I need a goot story scar.

And I may have just jinxed myself into a horrific facial injury that leads to a phantom of the opera style look.

Knock.On.Wood. Seriously, knock on wood. I just did.

Now, if my scarring abilities could teach my acne how to dissapear all would be well in the world.







1 comment:

Portia Ames said...

Dear Lauren,
It's Portia, remember me? I just want to say that I found your blog and it makes me laugh. It basically makes my day when ever I read it.
You go girl!