10/4/11

{big girls don't cry}

I love boys. Did you know? 'Tis true, I do I do.
(and I'm pretty grateful that I'm a girl because boys get the unlucky privlege of having to live with girls for the rest of eternity. Yikes. Thank the heavens I be a girl)

For the most part:
they are handsome
they smell delicious
they are pretty smart
their hands are perfect for holding
and they come in very handy - for various reasons.

Let me tell you a story about a boy and just how all of the above one boy can be.

Yesterday morning while I was getting ready for school the TV was on in the background when a Subway commercial came on. Now, if you know me you know of my love for Subway. Did you know they have pizza at some of them? They do and they are delicious. Anyway, so the commercial is on and I'm like dang girl, I need some subway. But it was only 7:30 in the morning and I figured I could probably wait until lunch time to endulge my needs. To make things about 10 times better the commercial stated that October was ANYtober at Subway. As in, all the footlongs are five buckaroos. Holy Moly. I was so excited I could hardly stand it. I texted Ashleigh later about said findings and it was agreed upon that at three when our education was over for the day we would hit Subway up like it was going out of style.

At three Ash texted and said she was on her way, then about two minutes later she called and said she had found her roommates car in the parking lot between the pe building and the institution and was going to put the license plate she bough of a school the roommate loathes on the roommates car. You following? Good. I told her I would be right over to see the action go down. I put on my nikes and headed right on over. We found a screw driver and in no time were making the switch. When all was done we hopped in Ashleighs car. She turned the key and nothing happened. So she tried again and this time nothing happened again.

Karma? Most likely.

 I ran home (like, literally ran. We'll talk about that business later) and got my car to give her a jump. We did what any girls would do and sat there giggling for a good five minutes too scared to put the cables on in fear that we would explode. Then of course the iPhone did it's job and came in handy once again by providing google so we could search exactly how to jump a car. Our opinions on how to jump a car varied so we thought google would help in the decision. It only added a third controversial way on how it was done. I called up my daddio and being the good man that he is told me how it was done.

After debating, searching and calling we finally settled on how it was done. We tried one way and when that didn't work tried another. We admitted defeat and Ashleigh called AAA to see what those big guys could do. I sat down on the curb with a hungry tummy (remember? Subway?) to wait for the tow truck man to work his magic when out of nowhere a decent looking blonde headed male stranger appeared. He asked if we were having car problems (did the popped hood and hopeless looking girls give it away or was it your spidey senese?) and said he could help. We told him we already tried and that we thought maybe it was the starter since the power windows and locks and radio were working, it just wouldn't start. He spewed out some mumbojumbo about voltage and then told us he went to automechanic school and that he would see what he could do. He hooked up the cables (a different way than my way, her way, googles way, and rays way. Infact, the WRONG way) told me to start my car. I did. Then about 10 seconds later told Ash to start her car. She did. She did. She turned the car on. It turned on. The engine started.

Just. Like. That.

Say what?

Apparently all we needed was a boys touch. Really, he was probably one of the three Nephites. Or my eternal companion. It's like, whatev.




Thanks Lee. And thank the heavens for boys.




No comments: