10/1/11

{camp kesem}

Oh hey, Friends!

I need all of you to do me (and a ton of other peeps too) a big old giant favor. You on board? Good.

Have you ever heard of Camp Kesem? No? Let me tell you about it, or I suppose you can check it out here. Camp Kesem (Hebrew for magic) is a week long summer camp (run by college students) for kids 6-13 whose parents have or have had cancer. How cool is that? A week that the kids can just be kids. My institution of higher education recently jumped on board and started a chapter of Camp Kesem, our first camp will be summer 2012, and let me tell you, I am excited for it. There is magic in the air just when we talk about it.

Here is where you come in. Currently Camp Kesem National is in the Chase Community Giving online campaign. We have a chance to win one million big ones to help Camp Kesem go forward, to bless the lives of a whole bunch of little kiddos that need it like crazy. Here is what you gotta do. You can click the link below which will direct you to facebook where you can vote for Camp Kesem and help us help them.


Voting is open until 12pm ET October 5th. So get on it already.

Thanks friends, I knew I could count on you.

(So, on facebook you have to like Chase Giving. I know, kinda lame. BUT you can like them, vote for Camp Kesem and then unlike them. That simple. That's how I get stuff from HeyIt'sFree.)


Also, I just found this which is a way better discpription. If you are confuzzeled by my discription of such awesomeness, read on:


For kids, Camp Kesem eases the fear and sadness of having a parent with cancer by providing FREE overnight summer camps where kids benefit from the healing comfort of peers facing similar challenges, gain confidence and the strength needed to deal with their parent's illness or death from cancer.

Camp Kesem's unique formula also develops future leaders as each camp is created by teams of empathetic college students who gain valuable leadership skills as they manage, fundraise and run each camp. Learn more at www.campkesem.org

Winning Chase will allow Camp Kesem to launch more camps and bring the healing benefits of Camp Kesem to more of the 1.5 million people affected by cancer each year.


PeaceLove&Blessings

Have a fab weekend.

No comments: