4/20/09

{6 daily doses}

Awhile ago I caught the plague. As did half the roommates. It has really been quite the adventure. All the nose blowing, lung hacking, pill popping, throw upping, couch laying, tissue throwing, humidifyer breathing, and so forth has been just about as much excitement as one girl can handle. But thankfully we have these two heaven sent little miracle bottles known as DayQuil and NyQuil (plus ThermaFlu and Tylenol Cold).

This is where the story gets good...

Last weekend when I was home for the Easter Break and the plague was just setting in, my mother sent me back to school with a bottle of this:


what a nice mother she is, I know! But that's beside the point (actually, that's never beside the point), the point I'm trying to make is that I took a lot of this stuff. Between 7 am and 5 pm when I had some serious learning to do, I couldn't just rely on any old drowsy causing delicious tasteing syrupy goodness. So took it I did. And I took it and took it and took it some more. That's when I got the bright idea to read the WARNING LABEL (which I rarely do) because the bottle was running quite low after only one day and I was quite worried I had taken too much.

This is what it said:
"Do NOT take more than 6 doses in 24 hours" or something like that.

The problem was this:
There are only 5 2Tbsp doses in one bottle.

It's a strange world we live in...



(is it bad that I have thought about him nearly everyday for the last 2 years, but pretended I didn't care, when really I have totally cared all along? no, it's not him or him... but HIM)

2 comments:

shannon said...

I love Nyquil...and secretly get a little giddy when I'm so sick that I have to take some before bed...
It's delicious and I'm certain that I would have that as an apertif everynight if apertifs weren't on the naughty list...

I don't care for Dayquil because it's a bit too thick--

Anonymous said...

I don't know if bad is the right word.

It definitely is NOT good. The way to fix it is to stop doing that.