4/21/09

{the messy kind}

Recently my thoughts have been drifting towards the task of moving home. It might have something to do with the fact that in 9 days I will be doing just that. It is a very difficult thing to do, not that I don't want it. I say nay, it is the ONLY thing I want to do right now. It is difficult in the sense that since last August I have doubled the amount of junk I own. Without fail, it happens every year. Bring the minimum, leave with 3 times as much. And to add to that I already have just as much sitting in my bubble gum pink room at home. It is really quite difficult, but mostly stressful due to my *ahem* messy nature.

This fine evening when I should have been studying I figured I might as well get rid of some articles of clothing because 1. I have way too much as it is and 2. I may or may not be able to wear most of them by September for reasons that shall not be mentioned here. I stepped into my closet and saw this:



Can you see the floor? Me neither. I figured it would be cake getting rid of all this junk. Quite the opposite my friends, quite the opposite. I have a hard time getting rid of anything because I may or may not eventually need it (it usually ends up being may not, but you never know). I had high hopes that I would get rid of it all, I even stood in the closet and tried to get motivation from my mother. So I grabbed a trash bag bound for DI and went to work. I tried on shirt after shirt and sweater after sweater making sure it wasn't something I really did need. I kept tossing things in the bag, I was on a roll!

... until I realized that in my DI trash bag there are 3 shirts, 1 sweater, and 2 pairs of pants.
However, my success doesn't stop there. I half heartedly attempted to pull a Meg and color coordinate my clothes. Here is the aftermath:
VISIBLE FLOOR! And yes, that is a pile of dirty clothes. Have no fear my friends, tomorrow is my laundry day.

*sigh*

At least I tried, right?

That's what I thought.

1 comment:

FamiLee said...

Can I have your sparkly shirt? LOL.