5/2/09

{24 hour vacay}

My mother and I recently took a vacation. As in we just got back this afternoon. It was such a joyous time, the only problem was that it lasted a meer 24+/- hours. And the only other problem was that we took zippo pictures. How lame is that? Pretty lame, I know. Even though we all know that a blog without pictures is lizzame to the max I thought I would share in great great detail (so you can make your own pictures in your head) all the joy that was had.

It started yesterday late morning/early afternoon. We hoped in the car and away we went. Around... half way to Price... I remembered I forgot my dang toothbrush. I can't keep track of those things to save my life. We stopped at the very shady Wal*Mart in Price City that just so happened to also have a Subway in it. What are the chances of that? I don't know, but I was happy because I got a toothbrush and a sandwhich. It was a very pleasant time.

Around Moab that car needed a drink so we stopped to fill her up. We also filled ourselves up with some diet Coke's and icecreams. Yummo! For the record, my mom and I are a very good team. She eats the nasty frozen yogurt and I finish off the cone for her. It works very well. I love cones. If you have any you want to give me, I would be ok with it. Just don't forget the fat free frozen yogurt for Catherine.

Only after another hour or so we got to our destination! It was such a joyous reunion with my auntie and uncle. We looked at all the pretty things auntie had been making and then chatted for a very long time while discussing what we should adorn our ancestors (grandmas) grave with. After the decision was made we went with my good mother to a little mental health meeting she was presenting at. Besides being very boring it was packed full of information and kind of weird people. When it was finally over we went back to auntie and uncles house and ate some delicious Navajo tacos, true biz style. My auntie is the best, especially considering she still made them even though it was like 10pm. I know, what a champ. I also got a quick tutorial on wood carving from uncle, who is basically a pro. The night ended with a lot more chatting, a shower, and Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. Could the night be any better? I submit that it could not.

This morning I woke up to a fabulous breakfast of fry bread, peanut butter and honey. Boy howdy, I was in heaven. After such a fine time we headed over to the art show/sale thing. I don't really know what it was, but whatever it was was pretty rad. Auntie even gave me a very pretty bracelet that allows me to participate in magnet therapy (I can already feel the energy running through my veins!).

After chasing down the transition van we had a quick visit with cousin, dropped by the cemetary (where the sprinklers got us) after buying some flowers, and then had some lunch. It was interesting, if you know what I mean. After chowing down we said our goodbyes and made a break for it to the car (did I mention it poured all morning?) for the long car ride home. On the way out we stopped for a shake to wash down the lunch. It basically hit the S.P.O.T.

The rain came down the whole way to Moab while my anxiety driven self was behind the wheel. After assessing the big black clouds off in the distance I let my mother drive. However, as my luck would have it, it didn't rain one drop while she was controlling the vehicle. The good news is I got in a nap or two. I thought since the rain stopped and I was suffeciently rested, I could maybe drive a little longer... and that's when the rain started again and stayed the whole. way. home. Have no fear friends, we made it. Safetly.

We didn't really need the pictures, now did we.

You can read Catherine's account of the travels here.

And a question for our friends in the east: Do you white water raft back there?

1 comment:

Kate said...

yes, I have gone white water rafting a few times here, well, a little south of pittsburgh, but it was a good and scary fun time!