5/12/09

{barf bag please}

Once upon a time I had a roommate who sometimes made us watch the show Deadliest Catch. Have you ever seen it? No? What's wrong with you? K, it's on the Discovery channel and random times during the day so it's best to just sit around and wait for it to come on. The new ones are on Tuesday nights. Go watch yourself an episode or two.

Anyway, so this roommate would watch the show and I would beg her to please change the channel back to the food network. Most of the time she would, but sometimes we would have to watch a whole episode. That was until one day I actually watched a whole episode. I'm telling you kids, watch it. I would watch it if it was on, but for some reason didn't go out of my way to watch it. That is until I moved home.

You see, I am gainfully employed but the job doesn't start until the second week in June. To kill some time I have been watching a little tv now and again. When I push the menu button on the remote and the list of shows pop up you can bet your first born i'm checking channel 101 to see if my boys (aka the deckhands) are doing their thang.

I love this show.

But I have a problem. I get seasick on big boats, I get seasick on little boats. I even get seasick when I have to share an air mattress with someone. You have no idea what watching Deadliest Catch does me. It would probably be a good idea for me to have a barf bag nearby while watching the show. Luckily I haven't tossed any cookies yet, and I sure hope I never do, but I won't be surprised if it happens. I was thinking about getting one of those patches to combat my nasty case of tv-seasickness, but the producer/cameraman/greenhorn on the Cornelia Marie, Josh, says they don't work.

It really is a tragidy. But alas, I will endure for the sake of my tv watching habits. And because i'm so over the DiscoveryHealth channel

2 comments:

mary.katherine said...

I LOVE DEADLIEST CATCH!! In my top three favorite TV shows. I've been to the Lockspot Cafe that they all eat at before and after their little voyages. It was delicious. Where are you working?

*Ashleigh* said...

I am so glad I , I mean that roommate got you hooked! I love it! It is really oddly addictive! I miss your ugly mug. Put on your sea sickness patch (Josh doesn't know what he is talking about), get on a boat and come play.