First stop: Beaver. Where the car broke down. It was really quite the adventure. We got out of the car for a potty break and a fountain of funny colored liquid spilled out from underneath the hood onto the pavement. I may or may not have cried a little. But then this guy came to the rescue.
it was my first experience in a real live tow truck! It was very fun, except for when the nice tow truck man answered his phone while driving down the freeway to discuss a bet about the basketball game. This is me and Meggy in the tow truck
And then we just had to sit and wait for Wonder Daddy to bring us a new car so we could go on the dang trip for realsies. I have always wanted to sit in the big chair and lucky for us, that's where we ended up. It really was a dream come true.
This here is us waiting and waiting and waiting. Katie was there too but she didn't want in on the picture fun. I know, what a party pooper.
AND THEN WE GOT TO CALIFORNIA!!! Only 4 hours later than expected. It was a good thing too because, as you may or may not have heard, there was some siesmic activity in the greater Las Angeles area around the time we were origionally supposed to arrive. I am sure glad I wasn't there for that, I wouldn't know what to do in an earthquake!
And moving on with the story:
Finally, the next day we went to Disneyland! It was just wonderful! It was only the second time I had been there (the first time being with the orchestra in high school) and the first time my sisters had. My mom went back in the day but hadn't been for a very very long time, so it was basically like her first time too! It was so fun! Here we are in Honey I Shrunk The Audiance! We only saw that one time because it made a few of us kind of sick. But it was fun while it lasted.
Here is mom and Katie. They didn't want to go around and around and around so they went in a different teacup.
When my mom saw Tigger she went a little bit crazy, as you can see in this picture. She was very excited. She ran around chasing him until he stopped, pointed at her map, and ran away. I personally don't really like large stuffed creatures so I stood back quite aways.
And here is my mom on the train.
Because it was my birthday I got to wear a button that said HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!! And all the people that worked there said happy birthday to me! It was really quite enjoyable. My mom also bought me a birthday crown (it was really just a plain crown but I like to think it was a special one!)! On my birthday I got to blow stuff up!
And Megan got to prove her strength... or lack thereof.
One of my favorite rides is The Tower of Terror at California Adventure. Megan, mom and I went a couple of times. Katie didn't think it would be fun so she waited outside for us. I think she would have liked it if she tried it, but we didn't press the issue. While standing in line we learned the three fundamental rules of life: 1. Don't steal candy from kids. 2. Don't cheat at solitare. and 3. Don't cut in line at Disneyland. Don't worry, we definately didn't cut in line, that would have been horrible, someone just told us that. Here is a picture of Meg and I waiting to be plunged to our deaths!
A birthday just wouldn't be a birthday without a cake and seeing as we were in Disneyland a cupcake would have to do! I loved it! The frosting got all melty in the hot hot heat but it was still a very delicious cupcake. Who doesn't want a Mickey Mouse cupcake on their birthday in Disneyland? That would be just silly if you didn't have one. Believe me.
Space Mountain was a common favorite so we rode it a bunch of times. One of the last times Megan and I decided to make silly faces when they took the picture. Megans face is priceless. I just look like a dummy. It was very fun though.
9 comments:
Sounds like your big 2-1 was just magical! Glad it was so fun and that you rode the tower of terror multiple times! You simply can't leave Disneyland with just once!
PS. The word verification word i have is fectude...wtf? Let's make it a new trendy swear word!
What an Awesome Birthday surprise... Its sounds like you had a good time... When we went to Disneyland our car broke down in Bever too.. How funny...
I am happy you got to ride the tea cups for your birthday!
Also happy that your unexpected stop in Beaver didn't ruin your whole trip!
Looks like you guys had an amazing trip! I think Disneyland is your "home away from home" (besides Cedar City), you fit in just like a princess! If all of us make it to 90 yrs old we should go to celebrate.
I like your new set up!
How fun! I bet you all had so much fun! What a great memory to have!
LOL! Happy Birthday! Your blog about the happinest place on earth, made me the happiest person on earth. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Birthday -- did you get my text message -- I'll have you know it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to text message :) But we love you and wanted you to know we were sending happy wishes your way.
I am preeeetty sure I'd peed my pants a little starting with the picture of you in the big chair. hahaha I may STILL be laughing. Then when it got to the picture of Megan crying I nearly died! I heart your face roomie. Move back!
Post a Comment