I'm all twitterpated or something, but not over JT. Although he is a mighty fine looking brother. My heart has skipped a beat. Twice maybe.
But that's now why we are here.
First I should put a disclaimer on this here postage. I do not claim to know all things, although I do know most things, or how y'all might be feeling, but I had this thought today and I thought I would share it with you. And now I'm thinking if I have to put disclaimers on things maybe I should just keep it to myself. But whatev.
Here's the setup: I was walking through the student center of my institution of higher education when I walked past the Counseling and Psychological Services place. It used to be the Student Health Center aka
Strange, thought I. Strange.
Then I remembered that this community has such a negative stigma (did I just use that the right way?) about the need for the Counseling and Psychological Services place that we just can't let people see who's in there. Especially if we, ourselves are the ones in there. Let me take a moment to throw it out there that I might not be the most sane person on the block. If you know me you know the deets. If you don't, well then you probably don't need to know the deets. It's beside the point anyway. I'm ok with telling you that I took part in my institution of higher educations offering of Counseling and Psychological Services once upon a time. I'm down with you knowing that. It's like, whatev. I probably would still go if it hadn't been for that one time I got in a knock down drag out with the lady doing the Counseling and Psychological Services business for me. I just don't really like it when people tell me I have relationship issues when the real problem is far from it.
Sorry, got a little side tracked.
Plus, who doesn't need Counseling and Psychological Services? I'm a firm believer that everyone should be served in that manner. Especially when you're between the ages of 18 and 25 and your professors tell you and/or your classmates to f-off on a repeated basis, your 8am teacher spills hot coffee on your toes, AND it's three in the morning, you have a huge paper due in 6 hours and you forgot what MLA format means. That could send anyone over the edge. Seriously. Plus, like being away from home and stuff for the first time might make an 18 year old boy succeptable to peer pressure/bouts with hysteria/seriously depressed feeling of rage and anger. Just sayin'
(just a side note: having been to the place when it was perviously known as the Student Health Center I can tell you that the waiting area isn't right in front of the window so it's not like you would be putting yourself on display anyway)
Are you guys bored? Cause I kind of am, so here is a picture of you to look at for a while:
Doesn't it just make you want to cry with joy a littly bit? No? Well then. You can leave now.
Back to the story: Don't you think that having a frosted window/heavily concealed area would make any co-ed a little curious about what's going on behind those closed doors? It's kind of like the honey things at Winco that say not to life the lid because the bee's will escape. It just makes you want to life the lid to find out if there are really bee's inside. Plus, what if they are doing satanic rituals in there? Don't I have a right to know?
This is getting a little off topic.
The point I am trying to make is that I think that since we are all a little bit crazy we should just all just embrace our own mental issues, as well as everyone elses. It's real business. You wouldn't laugh at the kid that busted his femur falling down the stairs, why would you laugh at someone waiting to participate in some sort of Counseling and Psychological Service?
Or at least frost out the windows to the financial aid place, because not being able to pay your tuition might just cause some sort of something no one wants to see.
That's all.

No comments:
Post a Comment